Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Through the Mist

Real Name
    Allan Short

Through the Mist

This is an image I took the other day up at Healey Falls, not as cold -17 C. however no sun as we had cloud cover (was hoping for clear skies). Trevore or tbob asked if I had gotten one with the trees covered with hoar frost but I hadn't so that is one of the reasons I went back up. The mist is formed because of the difference in temperatures between the air (-17 C.) and the water 4 C. when this mist stikes something in this case branches of the trees it leaves what is called Hoar Frost which nicely coveres the branches. This image is not B&W it only appears so, the only major thing I did was to lower the saturation of the blue channel in ACR as that got rid of the hint of blue in the image. I did burn a little and only a little in the centre to increase the black strip in the middle of the image.

Cheers:

Allan

Through the Mist

Real Name
    Monte Comeau

Re: Through the Mist

This would make a nice background for poster or website in my opinion. I like it.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: Through the Mist

Hi Allan. Fascinating shot. It holds my attention because I keep looking in the darker area to see what I can find. Only minor suggestion is to crop a bit off the bottom. Good work.