Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A few of my favorite cloud pictues~

Real Name
    Krissy

A few of my favorite cloud pictues~

Hi, just thought I'd share a few of my favorite cloud & other random pitures ~ I'm definately not a professional and I'd love to hear any recommendations so that I can take better pictuers in the future!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by beachgirl444; 24th January 2013 at 09:18 PM.

Real Name
    Giacomo

Re: A few of my favorite cloud pictues~

Hi Krissy,
    welcome on CiC. I would not worry at all about being "not professional". This is learning community and many of us - including myself - are rather more enthusiasts than professionals.
    Share your pics, you will find out that a lot of members will be happy to provide you tips and recommendations

Giacomo

Real Name
    Giacomo

Sorry, I replied to your post before seeing the images...
    Nice shots, but I really love the composition and the light rays of #1
    Colors in #3 are amazing, but the leaves on the right are a bit too dark to me. You could try to increase a little bit the brightness

Real Name
    Paul

Welcome to the forum. Those are some very nice shots; the colors in #3 are beautiful. Getting the proper exposure can be challenging at times. Full sun on a white cloud is very bright and it's easy to blow-out the cloud, leaving no texture. Bracketing your exposure in manual mode can be useful if you don't have a spot meter. Color at sunrise and sunset changes rapidly. Making an exposure every few minutes can capture the range of hues. You can pick the best one(s) later on the computer.

I'm a retired pilot and I looked at clouds for my entire working life; they are always changing and interesting. Some of my more memorable views happened at high altitude around thunderstorms where I did not have my camera. I was usually kind of busy then.

Paul S

Real Name
    Robin

[QUOTE=GiacomoD;282751]Hi Krissy,
    welcome on CiC. I would not worry at all about being "not professional". This is learning community and many of us - including myself - are rather more enthusiasts than professionals.
    Share your pics, you will find out that a lot of members will be happy to provide you tips and recommendations
    Well said.

No CC from me,

I wish I had taken the photos.

I am starting to experiment with sky shots.