Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tethered Shooting - Canon EOS 400D

Real Name
    Mark

Tethered Shooting - Canon EOS 400D

Hello.

I'd like to tether my camera to a widows laptop (for free if possible). Is this something that can be done with a 400D? If I am going to have to buy a programme like Lightroom - which is the cheapest way of getting something that will do the job?

Regards.

Mark

Re: Tethered Shooting - Canon EOS 400D

Quote Originally Posted by UKDivemaster View Post
    I'd like to tether my camera to a widows laptop (for free if possible).
    According to this page:
    http://www.jibble.org/canon-tethered-shooting/
    all you need is the EOS utility. I've not tried this so your mileage may vary

Ken

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Tethered Shooting - Canon EOS 400D

Canon users are fortunate in that we have the software for tethered captured supplied on the Canon EOS disk which came with the camera.

http://www.prophotolife.com/episode-...photo-capture/

This site also once had a tutorial on how to build a tripod mounted flat holding-tray for your notebook computer but, I could not find the tutorial when I looked. You might find it if you looked closer on this site but, in reality it is a simple tray made from plywood of an appropriate size with a lip at the bottom to prevent the computer from sliding off if the tray is tlted. You mount the tray on an old (but sturdy) tripod with the 1/4" x 20 tripod screw which would normally secure the camera to the tripod head...

You will see him using such a tray in the above video...

Shooting tethered is great and can actually be used to determine exposure if you don't have a flash meter and are working with manual studio strobes...