Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: city fountain

Real Name
    Monica

city fountain

I've taken this photo of the fountain in the city. I was just walking along a string of pop-up food kiosks and in between two food stalls I saw this scene. I took time to make the settings right so the details in the shadow would be seen. I slightly increased the fill light during PP to show details of the bird against the light but not too much so that the shadow is retained.

dsc_1516.jpg

C & C's welcome. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 22nd January 2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: add image inline

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: city fountain

Hi Monica,

Welcome to the CiC forums from me, a well spotted photo opportunity there.

I think your processing is quite good, but you might have 'missed a trick' during capture.

Presented with this scene, if possible, I would have held the camera above my head to get the fountain spray arc lower in shot, relative to the skyline, so the skyline could be cropped off - all those handrails up and leaves there are a bit of a distraction. I suppose you could clone them out in PP, or blur them, but it needs doing carefully.

BTW, you need to post the images "in-line", as I have made yours, rather than leave just the thumbnail, you'll get more response that way - here's how to do that next time;

Part 2: How to make an attached thumbnail appear larger and inline
    1. Click the image to make it bigger
    2. Right-click on the image and select "Copy Image Location" (in Firefox) or "Copy Shortcut" (in IE)
    3. Click "Edit Post" and position the cursor where you want the image to appear, then use the "Insert Image" city fountain icon and Paste (Ctrl+V) the shortcut into the dialog and click "OK"
    4. Click "Save Changes" button.
      (if you attached more than one image, repeat steps 1-3 for each to get the bigger images inline)
    Cheers,