Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Young Monk

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Young Monk

I was sent to Shangri-La, China last year for a site visit. While we were having discussion with the contractor suddenly this friendly young monk came out from his room. He looks wondering. I guess he might be thinking where we came from and what are we doing in his academy early in the morning. His friendly look with a smiling face was catching my eye. I quickly lifted up my camera and captured his photo into my censor. I'm pleased to share this with all members. Your c & c would be much appreciated:

Young Monk
    Camera setting: EOS 5DII, EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM Telephoto zoom lens, Aperture priority, ISO 800, 1/80 sec, F/8.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Walad j
    Last edited by Walj; 20th January 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Re: Young Monk

A good shot which has captured his expression and with rich natural looking colour.

Possibly a very slight reflection problem with his glasses. His right eye. Something which is often hard to avoid; but it isn't a serious issue here.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    A good shot which has captured his expression and with rich natural looking colour.

Possibly a very slight reflection problem with his glasses. His right eye. Something which is often hard to avoid; but it isn't a serious issue here.
    Hi Geoff,

Thanks for viewing and your valuable comments. I agree with you that reflection on glasses or glass panel is always the case even without fire any flash.

Cheers.

Walad j

Real Name
    Richard

Great capture with a terrific expression. I really like the 70-200mm f/4L IS lens for people shots on my 1.6x format. However, I think that it would also be great on a full frame camera like your 5Dii because the 70mm side would cover more when mounted on a full frame camera. BTW: Great quality at ISO 800!