Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Best ips monitor

Best ips monitor

Which monitor for under $500 is the best?
    I'm looking for either a 24 or 27 inch color
    accurate monitor
    I'm already experienced in calibrating a monitor
    Thanks
    Steve Davis

Real Name
    Joe

Re: Best ips monitor

Quote Originally Posted by stevejayd View Post
    Which monitor for under $500 is the best?
    I'm looking for either a 24 or 27 inch color
    accurate monitor
    I'm already experienced in calibrating a monitor
    Thanks
    Steve Davis
    I just recently bought a Dell Ultrasharp IPS monitor ( 23 inch ) for just above $200. After calibrating and profiling I am very satisfied.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Steve,

I'm afraid I am another "23 incher"; Viewsonic VP2365wb, very happy with it.

Cheers,

Thanks for your help

Real Name
    Jim

I use a Dell Ultrasharp 24".

I've had it for over a year with no issues.Cost was $380.

Very pleased with the performance.
    Last edited by Jim B.; 2nd February 2013 at 06:23 PM.

Real Name
    Jeff

I use the Dell Ultrasharp 24" too. I love the monitor and it can be purchased at a pretty reasonable price. I own the U2410. I have read that the more recent 24" monitor from Dell is not quite as good (don't know if that is true or not, but I do know the U2410 was still available as of the end of 2012.)

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Philips 24" Brilliance 240PW9 it was a toss up between this and an HP 2475?? a couple of years ago. I have been happy with it but I think there are newer (and cheaper) models available now.

It is a 1920x1200px make sure you do not compare a 1920x1080 with a 1920x1200 on the same price basis.

Real Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S View Post
    I use the Dell Ultrasharp 24" too. I love the monitor and it can be purchased at a pretty reasonable price. I own the U2410. I have read that the more recent 24" monitor from Dell is not quite as good (don't know if that is true or not, but I do know the U2410 was still available as of the end of 2012.)
    When I checked at Dell's website a week or two ago, the U2410 was down to $400, which was a pretty good deal, but it's back up to $479 today. I was thinking about getting one of these, but my 4 years old Dell 2408WFP (the predecessor to the U2410) is still going strong, still keeps its calibration without much tweaking - I try to recalibrate once a month to make sure it's still within specs. Now I am seriously considering the U2711, it is down to $799. It is being replaced by the U2713, just as the U2410 is being replaced by the U2413 (the U2413 is yet to be released)
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_arc...m#dell_u2413_1

Real Name
    Rudi

Hi Steve,

I have an older 23' HP. It will be replaced by a Dell u2410 or a 2711. There are for sure better, but they are my choices.
    You might check out the website from trustedreviews.com
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/dell-u...Monitor_review .
    There are for sure other reviewers.
    Regards
    Rudi

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Another vote for the Dell line; I use an older Ultrasharp 2709 monitor and it is still going strong. While by no means perfect, it was a bargain compared to the high gamut monitors put out by others. A 27" is going to be out of your price range, but I would never get anything smaller as my primary monitor. I run a cheap 24" Dell as my secondary.

Real Name
    Andrew

Two in the lineup for me with what's available at the moment. Asus pa246q is number 1 with the Dell u2410 right behind it. I've never seen the Asus on sale but you can watch the Dell site. Within the last week I posted a message the 2410 was on for 400 but today it's back up to it's regular price. If you are not in a hurry, do your research for IPS monitors, make a list, and watch.

Real Name
    Bruce

I've been thinking of buying the Asus pa246q. Futureshop (Canada) have it for roughly $100 less than Dell's Canadian price for the u2410. I'm currently using a 14 year old Dell CRT monitor so the Asus would be quite a change!

Does anyone have comments on editing text documents on the Asus or Dell? I do a lot of work in Word so I need something that's good for both photos and text. But I read a comment somewhere online that suggested the antiglare coating on the Asus (and presumably others) interfered with reading text.

Real Name
    Dave

I have a Dell Ultrasharp which I use for general PC use (Word, Excel, etc) as well as photo work. Absolutely no problems at all. Of course, the wide monitor makes working on multiple documents at once a breeze.

Dave

Real Name
    Bruce

Dave, thanks for the response.

I have the Asus and I don't think the anti-glare coating interferes with reading text. My only issue is that, for photography, it is very bright and I am having problems getting it to match my prints as the prints are too dark. To put more properly, I have the monitor brightness at zero and it is still lighter than the print. I have posted this issue on this and other forums.