Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bay Horse and Golden light

Real Name
    Suzan J

Bay Horse and Golden light

Here is a shot of another one of my "pets". There was a definite golden light to be had that afternoon. C and C welcome, of course!

Bay Horse and Golden light
    _DSC0121 by Soo J, on Flickr

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Re: Bay Horse and Golden light

Nice shot. Afternoon light is great and selective focus is good. I would like to see the horse from a 45 degree angle from the front....still it's a nice shot.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Suzan,

Nice shot there.

I can imagine why you have cropped where you have, but it does leave a fair bit of dead space on the left.

I tried moving the Lytebox image off the edge of my monitor to test a crop that lies at the left edge of the white door frame in the background, this puts the eye on the left third line and give more emphasis to the subject. What do you think?

The exposure is good, but leaves a little gap at each end of the histogram and I wondered whether 10% Local Contrast Enhancement (LCE) could be slipped in?

Cheers,

Real Name
    Suzan J

Thanks for the tips Dave and Chuck... I didn't have much time to set up a shot. It would be nice if all my pets would cooperate and pose for me as I ask, but for some reason, they choose not to listen to me. I'm afraid that Local Contrast Enhancement (LCE) has me befuddled! What is it? If I do any post processing, it would be with Photoshop Elements 9. I do shoot in RAW +JPeg so I can use the limited Adobe Camera Raw function in that application. Are you suggesting to just turn up the contrast or is there more to your suggestion? Thanks in advance.