Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Everglades Alligator

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Everglades Alligator

I came across this "guy" in the Everglades. I played with various developments and liked this treatment best. Appreciate comments.

Everglades Alligator

Karm

Real Name
    james

Re: Everglades Alligator

brings to mind a nice handbag, maybe some shoes.... I love the green in this... just wish for eyes... I also like the prehistoric texture displayed here.

Real Name
    James

I would be interested to see what you started with. For me it seems to be missing something I can't quite put my finger on - would be good to see a little more light on the eye closest to camera ... It is an interesting angle though - how did you manage to get this shot without getting in the drink with him?

James, I started with "just" a picture of an alligator in the water. I wanted to bring a different mood to this photo. As I stated when I posted the picture, after playing with different developments I liked this one best.

In the Everglades and all surrounding areas these "guys" are now everywhere. If you live on any body of water you have a good chance of eventually seeing an alligator on your front lawn. I like to fish the canals in southern Florida and constantly see gators. This particular gator I came across walking along a wooden walkway in the Glades.

I will try your suggestion of bringing a bit more light to the gator's eye.

Karm

James, I think you hit what I was trying to accomplish: displaying the animals prehistoric textures. Thanks.

Karm