Thread: Church in a little country township......

Real Name
    Griddi

Church in a little country township......

On a little outing on Boxing day I saw this church on late afternoon, I shoot the photo in RAW, and PP with LR3, C&C please......

Griddi......

Real Name
    Dave

Re: Church in a little country township......

It's a nice image, Griddi. A couple of thoughts. The verticals look a little off, I know how to correct that in LR4, not sure about LR3. I don't think the road helps, but it won't crop out. Could you clone the surface just in front of the church? Dave

Real Name
    John

Hi Griddi,
    I like this picture. The only thing for me on the C&C side is that I would have like to see a bit more of that tree on the left, I think it would just balance the picture. A minor thing I know.
    Well done and thanks for sharing.
    John

Real Name
    Griddi

Dave, thank you, but I must admit I don't know at all how to clone anything......

I would have the photo a bit more balancend, but on the right side were cars .....

Griddi......

Real Name
    Griddi

Hi John,
    Thank you......

As I mentioned to Dave, on the right side were cars, but I took another photo, but liked the one I posted better, but here is the other one......
    What would you think of this one ?

Griddi.......

Real Name
    John

Griddi,
    I like the composition of this shot, but would have like to see the top of the spire within the frame.
    As Dave said in his post " The verticals look a little off" this is due to you having the camera tilted upward, to get the shot. You can correct this in PP and I have done a quick converstion of your 1st shot, for you to see if you like it or not (hope you don't mind).
    I've cloned the road as per Dave's suggestion, again to see if you perfer it or not. It's your shot so the main thing is 'What you says, goes'
    regards
    John

Last edited by JPS; 5th January 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Real Name
    John

Hope here's your 2nd picture, verticals adjusted. Hope you don't mind.
    John

Your original

Real Name
    Griddi

Hi John,

as so very often my very BIG THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Just happy you always helps me, to make my photos better, that I did not get the top of the spire on the photo I did know already when I was taking the photo, and I should have gone a bit backwards for this, but...... I was with my family, and they are not at all interested in photography, so impatient when they have to wait for me while taking a photo i.g. framing etc. So very often my photos turn out " snapshoots " then, I love to go out with my family, but on the other hand I like to go on my own to take photos, and can take all the time I need......

Griddi......

Real Name
    Steve

I like what john did with the foreground, but the question is, do you want an accurate representation of the church or not?

I think what hurts this image the most is the jet trail .

Nice job on this, griddi. You don't always have to have the perfect shot, just something you can work with. Well done.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    Hi John,

as so very often my very BIG THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Just happy you always helps me, to make my photos better, that I did not get the top of the spire on the photo I did know already when I was taking the photo, and I should have gone a bit backwards for this, but...... I was with my family, and they are not at all interested in photography, so impatient when they have to wait for me while taking a photo i.g. framing etc. So very often my photos turn out " snapshoots " then, I love to go out with my family, but on the other hand I like to go on my own to take photos, and can take all the time I need......

Griddi......
    I know what you mean, my boys are all grown up now; the youngest is 20. My wife nearly always goes out with me, but like you I do sometimes feel rushed.
    The main thing is to enjoy being with your family, they grow up so quick, you blink and they are all grown up.
    Keep 'clicking' my friend.
    John

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    I like what john did with the foreground, but the question is, do you want an accurate representation of the church or not?
    Steve,
    I agree with you whole-heartedly, it totally depends on what you are capturing the picture for. I am normally careful not to remove to much original detail; I'm a bit of a 'historical buff' and record pictures of building and places for historical records, so like my images to reflect a true and accurate record of the place at the time of capture.
    My intension was just to give an idea of what could be done if Griddi wanted too. As I said in my earlier post, its he's picture and he's the boss, how he want to display it is totally his decision.

Cheers
    John

Real Name
    Griddi

Steve......thank you !

John....... I truly love to be with my grown up family, and most of the time, I make up my mind not to much bother about taking photos then anyway.......

Greetings,
    Griddi......

Real Name
    Tony Marshall

I like John's correction to the verticals, and also the shot where the foreground was cloned. While I usually try to minimise the alterations to a scene, I have to admit that it improves the photo greatly. (Excuse: there probably wasn't a road there once anyway...)

I also feel more comfortable taking photos on my own so that I don't feel rushed. Since my wife and 16 year old daughter sleep a lot more than me, I usually go out very early in the morning and am back home when they're having breakfast. (Remember this is Spain, where the people generally go to bed late and get up late.)

Tony