Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: First Images of 2013

Real Name
    Matthew

First Images of 2013

Took advantage of the day off on the 1st to see what kind of captures I could get to kick off the new year for myself. It was one of those days where I felt like I was 'in the zone' and I was having a ton of fun. Here are some of the ones I liked from the shoot (though there are more, I don't have time to PP them all yet).

On the 1st one, I wish I would have slowed down and evaluated the scene more, because I don't like the cedar pieces that are behind the main sprig (at upper left and middle of frame). Should have removed those at the scene. I already cloned out several other distractions and small things, but these big ones will be a chore, should I decide to clone them. Then again, at some point I need to realize this is nature and it's part of the subject matter. What are your thoughts?

The other 2 images are relatively tight crops, I wish I could have got in closer at the scene.

First Images of 2013

First Images of 2013

First Images of 2013

Real Name
    Splashy

Re: First Images of 2013

Love them all 3, but the last is veeery beautiful.
    The second I'm not sure what it is, looks like a pastry with candy sugar on it.

Real Name
    Matthew

Re: First Images of 2013

Quote Originally Posted by splashy View Post
    Love them all 3, but the last is veeery beautiful.
    The second I'm not sure what it is, looks like a pastry with candy sugar on it.
    Mike, thanks for the comments. The leaf with ice crystals in image 2 was a tough shot to get...apparently just being in the near vicinity of the leaf was enough for the ice crystals to start melting from my body heat. I could literally see the crystals dissolving one by one as I frantically snapped the shots away, LOL.