Thread: Dogs eyes

Dogs eyes

One very wet, very dirty, very happpy springer:>
    Dogs eyes

Tucker is a very hard dog to photograph, because he is always moving. This picture a bird had his attention:> As you can see by the snow on him, he LOVES to plow thru the snow covered weeds.
    Dogs eyes

Real Name
    John

Re: Dogs eyes

Hi Trina,
    He (she) certainly looks very happy and content. I often wonder why my own dog can go out in the snow, get wet & dirty, but looks perfectly happy, while I'm freezing.

On the C&C side only two small things, both of which are personal opinions; so you may disagree with me.
    1. For my taste I would like to see him a little less central. I know he's not dead centre, but I just think a little taken (cropped) off the lefthand side would help.
    2. I would like to see a little bit more space above his head.
    Both small points, that don't distract from a very nice picture.
    Well done.

As you have stated you don't mind if we edit your pictures to clarify any points we make, here is my quick edit. Not better by any means, just another option to consider.

Dogs eyes

Much better cropped and some added to the top:> I think I need to learn to NOT fill the frame so full so I have some room to crop.... Thank you:> I do appreciate your taking the time to show me:> One big difference between us and the beasts... They have a nice fur coat:> Tucker (HE) is happiest when he is running full speed thru a mud puddle or jumping into a creek.... the more mud the better too:>

Real Name
    Griddi

I like the dog, I like the photo, but the cropped one even more......

Griddi......

Real Name
    Dan

What a good looking springer. It is hard to get them to hold still isn't it? A zoom lens and quick reflexes definately help with pet photos. Another thing you may want to try is to squat down or get down on a knee to get as close as possible to eye level with the dog.