Thread: Boxing Action -- local Press Photos

Real Name
    Peter

Boxing Action -- local Press Photos

Griddi -- as requested here are some 'Digital' photos then --- I took them for the 'Brentwood Gazette' newspaper --- Michael Evans is a local Boxer training for his third Pro fight -- which he won so they used TWO photos -- one where he is sparring and the other without his helmet in the next edition - I used PENTAX K10D + a 35-80mm SMC Pentax -F ( FILM CAMERA LENS) I was given by a Camera Club member + a Starblitz 3200 BT flash on camera and a Sunpak 36 FD unit on 1/8th power with a slave unit held by my wife . Shutter speed was 1/160th sec. and aperture f6.3 ISO 200 --- OK ?
    Sparring --- by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Griddi

Re: Boxing Action -- local Press Photos

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxpete View Post
    Griddi -- as requested here are some 'Digital' photos then --- I took them for the 'Brentwood Gazette' newspaper --- Michael Evans is a local Boxer training for his third Pro fight -- which he won so they used TWO photos -- one where he is sparring and the other without his helmet in the next edition - I used PENTAX K10D + a 35-80mm SMC Pentax -F ( FILM CAMERA LENS) I was given by a Camera Club member + a Starblitz 3200 BT flash on camera and a Sunpak 36 FD unit on 1/8th power with a slave unit held by my wife . Shutter speed was 1/160th sec. and aperture f6.3 ISO 200 --- OK ?
    Sparring --- by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Peter, the photo's look good, why don't go digital for all your photos from now on ?

So far as I am concerned I can learn more from other members photos, which are taken with a digital camera and the settings, as from an old camera which is using film......

Griddi......

Real Name
    Peter

Griddi ; Sorry but I have many FILM cameras and LOTS of film in 'fridge and the chemicals to process it and I enjoy using the FILM and my 'Old Cameras' -- my Cancer Consultant told me my interest in my Old Cameras and darkroom work is keeping me alive after two lots of Cancer, Prostate and Lymphoma ------

Real Name
    Richard

Frankly, I like seeing the results from these fine oldie but goodie cameras! I will admit that I prefer shooting digital (and wish that digtal had been around all my photographic life) but, that doesn't mean that I don't hold some nostalgia for the old gear.

BTW: My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Real Name
    Griddi

Griddi ; Sorry but I have many FILM cameras and LOTS of film in 'fridge and the chemicals to process it and I enjoy using the FILM and my 'Old Cameras' -- my Cancer Consultant told me my interest in my Old Cameras and darkroom work is keeping me alive after two lots of Cancer, Prostate and Lymphoma ------
    Peter, I shoot with my film " Agfa Silette " many years, but after digital cameras came on the market, I never used the Silette again, and later sold it.......

Wishing you the best regarding your health.

Griddi....

Real Name
    Victor Nimitz

Griddi ; Sorry but I have many FILM cameras and LOTS of film in 'fridge and the chemicals to process it and I enjoy using the FILM and my 'Old Cameras' -- my Cancer Consultant told me my interest in my Old Cameraos and darkroom work is keeping me alive after two lots of Cancer, Prostate and Lymphoma ------
    Maligayang Pasko at Masaganang Bagong Taon!

( Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year )

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by nimitzbenedicto View Post
    Maligayang Pasko at Masaganang Bagong Taon!

( Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year )
    Maayong Pasko and Bag-ong Tuig !! Taga CEBU ka? Nakaila ka ni Taling -- Peter and Eden