Thread: Salt Lick Lodge

Real Name
    Peter

Salt Lick Lodge

Here is an 'Architectural photo' of Salt Lick Lodge in Kenya where I stayed some years ago with the Pentax Club if great Britain -- it is built on 'stilts' so snakes cannot get up to bite the Tourists and we had Mosquito nets over the beds to prevent Malaria -- much SAFER here in Essex, England ,but not so many 'Wild Animals' to photograph only Drunks in the High Street at weekends ! I used an Asahi Pentax 6x7 Model I with the 105mm f2.4 SMC Takumar lens and Agfa CT18 film, 50 ASA but you get 1/250 at f8 in the bright light ! in the evenings the elephants come down to the moist 'Salt Lick' near the lodge --- I got a few shots with 300mm f5.5 Hanimex lens on Pentax Spotmatic in the darkness on the Ilford XP1 film, current at the time but now XP2 Super.
    Salt Lick Lodge
    Kenya 01 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Real Name
    Antonio Luz

Re: Salt Lick Lodge

Peter,
    Your picture about the Lodge is very interesting.
    I am very curious about the photos you took in the darkness.
    There are elephants on the photos?
    Please, show us.
    Antonio.

Real Name
    John

Peter,
    I know what you mean about the high street at weekends, I don't live far from you.

I too would like to see the evening shots; if you have the time and would be so kind.

Kind regards
    john
    Last edited by JPS; 29th December 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Peter,
    I know what you mean about the high street at weekends, I don't live far from you.

I too would like to see the evening shots; if you have the time and would be do kind.

Kind regards
    john
    John and Antonio - I will search for those Elephant photos -- I do not have them 'stored' online at the moment -- they were illuminated by a 'floodlight' near the water hole where the Salt was -- I have a 20x16" darkroom print of them but it is too large to scan !!!
    Thanks for your interest --- Peter