Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: If it's Winter, I must be at the rink

Real Name
    Myra

If it's Winter, I must be at the rink

Just dropping in to say "Hi!". Lots of hockey games at this time of year. These are from last night and today. Comments always welcome. I've decided to keep my shutter speed set to 1/400 at this rink with the ISO maxed out at 6400. I just can't get a proper exposure with a higher shutter speed and end up pushing it too much in PP.

Goalies are my favourite subject, especially when they're posed and standing still!

947Z3057 copy by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

This player had just scored. I have one of the puck just about in, but this one is better of the player. Because it's sports, I don't clone out the odd stick or glove in a corner unless it is a shot to be made into a portrait. This one would not fall into that category.

947Z2652 copy by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

Good save!

947Z2796 copy by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: If it's Winter, I must be at the rink

Myra - Good to see you back amongst the hockey games. Great action stuff. Could have maybe done without that stick coming in at the left in #2. I hope we'll see a lot more as the season progresses.
    Last edited by Donald; 15th December 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Real Name
    Myra

Thanks for the comments, Donald. Sticks and stuff have to stay or I lose credibility; if I can take it out, I can put it in If it was a portrait for someone (such as the top goalie), I'd clone out the clutter.

Between regular work, homework, housework, barnwork and hockey there aren't many hours left in the week. Not complaining; it's nice to be busy!

Hope you are enjoying the changing seasons, too

Real Name
    Myra

Thanks for the comments, Donald. Sticks and stuff have to stay or I lose credibility; if I can take it out, I can put it in If it was a portrait for someone (such as the top goalie), I'd clone out the clutter.

Between regular work, homework, housework, barnwork and hockey there aren't many hours left in the week. Not complaining; it's nice to be busy!

Hope you are enjoying the changing seasons, too