Thread: The winter winds cometh...

Real Name
    Ken Outch

The winter winds cometh...

Okay, so it isn't winter here, but summer. But hey, when should the facts ever get in the way of a good story? So, to the story. This little chap dropped by for a drink from our bird bath on a hot windy day. And, as the birds always do, they perch on this chair to check out it is safe to do so. And just as he was about to drop down to the bird bath we had a strong gust of wind which nearly blew him off his perch. He had to forget all about the drink and hang on to his perch for grim death to prevent being blown away. So, that's the story behind these pix.
    Thanks for viewing and I am most appreciative for any comments you may care to post. Always nice to get some feedback, whether positive or negative. It all helps.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The winter winds cometh...

Looks like #3 may have been just as the big gust past bye - there's some motion blur in that one.

I think #1 in particular, is a good one. Magnificent colour on the bird. And it's really separated from the background so 'pops' out of the image.

The first image is certainly more of a 'classic pose' but they all work well.

Real Name
    james

super colors ! sinfully rich

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

I agree with Donald's comments. You're lucky to have such colorful (or should I say colourful) birds in the Land of Oz.

If you have not done so already, try attaching a twig to the bench. If you're lucky enough for the bird to land on the twig and take the shot, the image will look more like a true nature image without any man-made objects. Not criticizing here, just throwing out ideas. #1 is a magnificent image. Wish I had taken it.

Real Name
    Terri

I, too, like #1 the best. What a beautiful bird! I am so glad you shared. We rarely have such colorful birds visiting around here.

Real Name
    Joe

I agree with all that has been said before me. A colorful beautiful bird I would love to see in the wild. Your birds are so colorful in OZ. Thank you for sharing.