Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Multiple resizing

Multiple resizing

I use Bridge and CS5 and from time to time I want to down size a number of images at same time.
    Is it possible to do this with what I use or do I have to have another piece of software?
    Thanks

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Multiple resizing

In CS5, from the "Files" menu, use "Scripts", "Image Processor" selection to automate the resizing. Put the files that you want to resize into the same directory, select the parameters and Photoshop takes care of the rest.

Real Name
    Terry

Or put all of your files in one directory as Manfred mentioned, and from Bridge under the “Tools” menu >Photoshop>Image Processor and follow Manfred’s instructions.

Piece of cake! And don’t forget you can also run actions from the image processor!

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Easiest way is to just click on the EXPORT tab in Bridge and create a new preset - then whenever you need to resize you simply drop the selected images on to it and hit the export button. Job done. Use it all the time.

Multiple resizing

Multiple resizing

Multiple resizing

It is rather a silly feature to like but I really do like the ability to bulk export using saved presets (using Lightroom in my case). Being able to preselect the target directory, file format, image size, watermark etc etc all at the click of one preset for an entire batch eliminates so much of the boring grunt work.