Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 5D price drop (6/30/08)

5D price drop (6/30/08)

The current price for a 5D right now is $1900 with an instant rebate for $300 from Canon.

I was wondering if the price of the 5D will continue to decrease?

The reason why I'm asking is because I want to get the 5D, but don't have any spending money at the moment. If I can get a better price down the road then I can wait. If not then it would probably be best to buy now with the rebate.

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Re: 5D price (6/30/08)

There are rumors of a new 5D (the Canon 5D Mark II), which would likely be announced this coming fall if such a thing exists. I would think the 5D will drop even more just before and right after it comes out. Think long and hard if you are tight on money though, because it's quite a plunge.

Re: 5D price (6/30/08)

Quote Originally Posted by McQ View Post
    There are rumors of a new 5D (the Canon 5D Mark II), which would likely be announced this coming fall if such a thing exists. I would think the 5D will drop even more just before and right after it comes out. Think long and hard if you are tight on money though, because it's quite a plunge.

I've been meaning to use my current photography gear (350d) to sell images online, though, it seems really difficult to find what photos actually sell. More so than that, it's very competitive. Not to mention the popularity of Micro stock agencies.

I've heard about the rumors of the 5D Mark II as well. Hopefully the 5D Mark I prices will drop a little more.

side note: Just yesterday heard about Nikon's new camera: D700. Supposedly will rival the 5D.