Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flowers in the light?

Real Name
    Jon

Flowers in the light?

I was bored the other night and thought I would play with the flowers in a vase on the kitchen table. I didn't like the table top showing so I opted for a different view. Very minimal PP done (even less than I know how to do) due to the fact that my computer is ill so I am using an old laptop of my daughters.
    C&C most welcome.

Flowers in the light?

Flowers in the light?

Flowers in the light?

Flowers in the light?

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Flowers in the light?

There is SO much to like about the first one. It's interesting that the areas that aren't in focus still reveal gobs of detail. I just love how the stamen (if that's what it's called) peaks out above the petals. Consider getting rid of the green leaf at the bottom once you return to your normal computer.

Real Name
    Jon

Mike,thanks for your comments. Now that you mentioned the green leaf it just stares at me, thanks for pointing that out. I will have a go at it when my computer gets to feeling better.

Real Name
    Andrew

Hi Jon - nice shots! I normally don't care too much for flowers in B+W because I think that their colour is what they're all about, but your 2nd shot is very, very nice! I'm not sure what that is in the background, but I like it there - it's perfectly out of focus, and not obtrusive at all, it makes the shot look natural, and un-posed.

Haha! As I'm writing this, I keep scrolling up to look at it - I really, really do like that one - if you were to touch it up a little when your computer is feeling a little better, I'd say that's definitely print-worthy! It's awesome!

I would take Mike's advice for the first colour one, to clone out the green leaf, but don't worry too much about it - number two is a keeper!

Real Name
    Jon

Andrew, Thank you for the comments. The "thing" in the background is the light fixture that is hanging from the ceiling, I was worried at first that it would hurt the photo but I like it also. Hopefully my computer gets better this week so I can play with this one a little more.

Cheers

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Also have a go at converting the first one to black-and-white.