Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: AF in self portrait tip

Real Name
    Blake

AF in self portrait tip

I found that if you hold your hand up along the same plane as your eye (or whatever else you want to focus on) things become a lot simpler.

Just thought I should share. I'm experimenting with lighting and don't have anyone to model for me. But if you want something done, you have to do it yourself, right?

Real Name
    Andrew

Re: AF in self portrait tip

Hey Blake - I've actually just been doing the same thing myself the last few days. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying though?

I set the camera on a tripod, put a piece of tape against the backdrop so I know where about my head will be in the shot, and make sure that's where the camera is positioned, then go back to stand in position and AF takes care of the rest. Seems to work OK. But I'd be interested in learning what you've found, I just can't seem to decipher what you've suggested!

Real Name
    Blake

I was having trouble getting the AF right on my eye, but if you hold your hand parallel to your eye, the camera is likely to pick it up.

Real Name
    Kevin

Interesting, Blake. Once focused, do you need to lock that focus in so it doesnt re-focus once your hand is repositioned?