Thread: Reddish Egret...

Real Name
    Joe

Reddish Egret...

These images were captured this past Thursday at Black Point Wildlife Drive, Merrit Island National Wildlife Refuge. This bird is truly a pleasure to watch and photograph. I puts on quite a show racing around the shallow tidal wetlands chasing prey. It flaps and extends it wings as it runs across the tidal flats. Then when spotting prey stops and holds it wings extended creating a shadow that the prey thinks is shelter. When the prey is near it plunges it's head under water grasping the prey with it's bill. C&C welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Reddish Egret...

Reddish Egret...

Reddish Egret...

Reddish Egret...

Reddish Egret...

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Reddish Egret...

Wow Joe you got this sequence really nice. I like them all but that last one is great. That "I got you" look in the eye is something.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Wow Joe you got this sequence really nice. I like them all but that last one is great. That "I got you" look in the eye is something.
    Thanks Bobo, your comment is valued and appreciated.

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Joe, another great set of pictures from your part! I also vote on the last one. The egret is showing its "bad boy side" in this picture. Very well done and thanks for sharing...

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Otavio View Post
    Joe, another great set of pictures from your part! I also vote on the last one. The egret is showing its "bad boy side" in this picture. Very well done and thanks for sharing...
    Hello Octavio, thank you for taking time to view and comment. I chuckled at your saying he was showing " it's bad boy side", his eye does look mischiveous.

Real Name
    Dave

Great sequence, Joe.

The last one is excellent. At the risk of being anthropomorphic there is a determination in the look that I would not like to argue with.

I also like number 3 a lot. You have done a good job of retaining detail in the highlights on the body and in the shaded neck and head.

Dave

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Tringa View Post
    Great sequence, Joe.

The last one is excellent. At the risk of being anthropomorphic there is a determination in the look that I would not like to argue with.

I also like number 3 a lot. You have done a good job of retaining detail in the highlights on the body and in the shaded neck and head.

Dave
    Thank you Dave, I concur with the look, it's like... caught you and your not getting away. In #3 I exposed for the highlights on the outstretched wings and in post processing using the Adjustment Brush in Lightroom 4 I opened the shadows to show the shadowed detail. I appreciate you viewing and commenting.