Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Wintry walk

Real Name
    Sharon

Wintry walk

Wintry walk

Minus temperatures in Falkirk today....this pair were obviously ready for a bowl of soup!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Wintry walk

This is better than the weather forecast on TV. Snowing in Falkirk today. Mmmm! We're only 25 miles from there, but haven't seen any ... yet. Been out chopping wood all day. It is has been ......... freezing!

By the way, the picture is brilliant. It really is superb. It oozes mood.

I couldn't see any EXIF info. Particularly interested in your shutter speed.

Real Name
    Sharon

Thank you Donald....It is Callendar Estate and it was the second flurry of the day although the white ground is mainly due to frost. I liked the mutual misery in the couple's hunched body language ...I wonder whose idea it was to get a dog!!

The exif details are all there on flicker ( they have got their act together at last)

1/5 F11 ISO 200 55mm.

I will add that this was taken with my second camera..Canon 450D and the kit lens so am quite pleased but inevitably wonder what I would have got with my 40D and a 'decent' lens. Still it's all about atmosphere.
    Last edited by Daisy Mae; 2nd December 2012 at 05:17 PM.

Real Name
    Joe

Nicely done Sharon, I like the image very much.

Real Name
    Miltos

Sharon this image is much more than fantastic. I really really love it. The contrast, the mood, the feeling. Bravo!

Real Name
    Jason

Stunning image. I love the mood you have created. Very well done.

Real Name
    Chuck

Sharon, this is a very fine image, but then that is what I have come to expect from you. Last night I watched the documentary The Dust Bowl by Ken Berns. It tells the story of the terrible drought and deadly dust storms that happened on the great plains on the US in the 1930's. It is filled with very powerful images of the people and the land. They made me feel the pain, fear and hopelessness that came with the dust. Your image reminded me of two of the photos in the documentary. This is a link to one of them. http://www.weru.ksu.edu/new_weru/mul...imarron_ok.jpg A big dust storm was rapidly approaching and the father was trying to get his children to shelter. I think the simplicity of both photos is what makes them so powerful.

Real Name
    Sharon

Thank you everyone.

Chuck..I do know a bit about the 'Dustbowl years' mostly through music ..am honoured you should even connect my images with the powerful one in your link.

Thankfully my duo will be easily fixed with a warm meal.