Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Are They Edible?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Are They Edible?

I came across this very colorful bush up in the Tennessee Smokey Mountains and was fascinated by the unusual berries so I grabbed a shot.

This isn't the kind of image I usually shoot. I feel there is enough definition to isolate the berries from the busy background. I'm just not sure if it can be a reasonably interesting image as I'm at a bit of a loss for cropping and composition.

I haven't settled on any cropping as yet so this is still full frame. Any suggestions or edits with explanation would be most welcomed.

Are They Edible?

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Are They Edible?

Good vibrant colours (colors?) in fact it may pay to tone down the saturation and luminance of the reds to make the seeds/nuts/fruit stand out a bit more. A square crop may suit.

I cannot advise on if they are edible or send a recipe. Give them a try and if you continue contributing to CiC we will all know they were.
    Last edited by pnodrog; 24th November 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Are They Edible?

wow, Frank, love the red in the leaves. A square close crop would work nice. On the left just to the point where that orangish twig is upright. I have no idea what the plant is. The red is almost overpowering. I don't know if it will get better with the crop --reduce the luminosity a bit maybe? Otherwise the beautiful red leaves will just seem like a big red blob behind the green berries. The detail on them is so nice.

wait here is what I mean:
    Are They Edible?

I don't mind an even closer, asymetrical crop:
    Are They Edible?

Hope you don't mind that I did this.