Thread: Taekwondo Action

Real Name
    Diane

Taekwondo Action

I am really trying to show the action that happens in a match. These are some pictures of my son's team mates from various tournaments we have been a busy group. I find that my 70-200 F2.8 Tamron lens invaluable, I love it for tournaments. Lighting in the venues is tricky but I am learning. C&C always welcome.

Taekwondo Action

Taekwondo Action

Taekwondo Action

Taekwondo Action

Thanks
    Diane

Re: Taekwondo Action

You have certainly caught the action well here.

I think the only things which I might change are slight crops with the first two images.

With #1 it is a pity that you missed the face of the person on the right. Therefore I would try cropping tighter so all the action is seen on the left character with a smaller blurred part of the other person.

And with #2, I would try to slightly reduce the area at the top with distracting background people. There is plenty of space to lose a similar amount from either side, or both. Or you could even do a square crop.

Re: Taekwondo Action

I've only shot one tournament myself but I found that using a prime lens (I used a 50mm f/1.4) was a good idea because I didn't have to worry about zooming in and out to frame - I just shot what was in front of me, and cropped the images afterward. Other people (including press) were using zooms.

These are great shots that you have here, though! I can see that you are the "go to" person for team photos!