Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 10 pieces of silver

Real Name
    Steve

10 pieces of silver

Well it was just going to be a security image but then I thought; how exactly do you take photo's of coins and make them look interesting?

So I suppose I better put the photo here

10 pieces of silver

Real Name
    Paul

Re: 10 pieces of silver

These pieces of silver seems to have tarnished, Steve, as the are quite green. I think they would look much better if the green cast were removed.

had a quick play and after removing the green there was a bit of blue as well.
    10 pieces of silver
    Last edited by jeeperman; 21st November 2012 at 12:13 AM.

Real Name
    Steve

Just trying to make them look interesting Paul; but I guess I can't. If I had a chest full then that would be interesting.

Real Name
    Paul

Oh, sorry Steve. Green is interesting but I think you might have to go a bit further to ensure it is obvious that part is purposeful. Maybe a creative stack with one spinning next to it? some creative light perhaps. I am sure there will be ideas....post them when you find something to try.

Real Name
    Bobo

Paul has already said it all.

If you do try do take them out of those plastic containers. If proof sets then be careful to not smudge, scratch etc. Use clean soft cloth gloves for handling and for background place them only on soft fabric like velvet. Will be quite a task if if you have a chestful of them (assuming pirate style treasure chests).

Real Name
    Steve

cheers Bobo; didn't know I had to wear gloves but I've got some lint free cloth. Wished I had a chest full though. My speedlight stopped working and it took ages to just get this to work: I haven't used it for a long while and now I use a registration point on a third for AF; but it actually stopped working altogether until I thought of using the central registration point.

Don't know what proofs are? this is only bullion and very cheap; it is in fact my savings for a rainy day. Will get some more if I have enough money because it is expected that silver will return to its historical gold ratio of 16:1 in the next few years and at the moment it is 53:1.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Oh, sorry Steve. Green is interesting but I think you might have to go a bit further to ensure it is obvious that part is purposeful. Maybe a creative stack with one spinning next to it? some creative light perhaps. I am sure there will be ideas....post them when you find something to try.
    Interesting Paul; they are on black cardboard and I've only got two speedlights but I suppose I could try an interval timer set to fire every few seconds to give me time to hide.

Real Name
    Steve

I just looked up proof Bobo and mine are only uncirculated bullion. Actually you get some good prices on Ebay for Royal Mint proofs but I don't think they are pure metal. I read somewhere that the Royal Mint was for the first time producing pure metal in 2013 but they are CGT exempt.

If I sell these separately there is no way they will become liable for Capital Gains Tax unless they are gold of course and then the price would have to hit $10,000 per oz; expected but not for a while yet.

Meanwhile my flash a Nissin is playing up.

Real Name
    Bobo

Pirate treasure is supposed to be jinxed right? Well that is what you have - nix'ing your flashes.

Will try to find that recent thread here where a member used a pulsating torch to light up an old camera using long exposures. The result was awesome.

Found it
    Look what I found

I think any LED torch that can make pulsating light will do. Give that a try. Way cheaper then a new flash unti.
    Last edited by Bobobird; 21st November 2012 at 04:10 PM.

Real Name
    Steve

I've been practicing with some euros with the flash and I've got nothing to showl; one only was identifyable as a picture and that was blurred. How can 1/20000 sec be blurred. I figured I can't do it on an interval timer with the rubbish speedlights I've got. Anything less than 10 secs and they don't fire at all.