Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nikon d50 upgrade advice please..

Nikon d50 upgrade advice please..

hi,

can some kind person advise please....

I have D50 and some lenses, it appears the body is playing up and the lenses not "locking" in and the auto metering struggles to register....... so.....

what nikon body can I use with the d50 accessories and lenses? I do need the wireless remote as well, but can the body only be updated please?

many thanks

Steve

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Nikon d50 upgrade advice please..

It depends on your lenses; the D50 has a built-in focus motor, while most of the crop sensor Nikons do not and rely on the in-lens focusing motor for autofocus. If your lenses have built in focus motors any of the newer Nikon bodies will work for you, if not, you are going to have to look at the higher end units; the D90 and D7000.

Which lenses and accessories do you have? Wireless remote, again that depends on what you have / use. I use bother wired and wireless remotes for my D90 cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    It depends on your lenses; the D50 has a built-in focus motor, while most of the crop sensor Nikons do not and rely on the in-lens focusing motor for autofocus. If your lenses have built in focus motors any of the newer Nikon bodies will work for you, if not, you are going to have to look at the higher end units; the D90 and D7000.

Which lenses and accessories do you have? Wireless remote, again that depends on what you have / use. I use bother wired and wireless remotes for my D90 cameras.
    I use tamron 18-200 as original 18-55 motor went, so am wanbting to see whether a new d50 or go to body that accepts the lens and nrmal nikon lens that comes with new body and allows wireless remote usage.

so if d90 is ok then will go for that for upgrade as it were.

regards

steve

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

One of the reasons I went with the D90 was the internal focus motor. I bought several lenses that require it. The D90 normally comes without a lens, but some stores do bundle it with a lens. I use the Nikon wireless remote with the D90. I don\t know the Tamron lens at all, so can't comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    One of the reasons I went with the D90 was the internal focus motor. I bought several lenses that require it. The D90 normally comes without a lens, but some stores do bundle it with a lens. I use the Nikon wireless remote with the D90. I don\t know the Tamron lens at all, so can't comment on it.
    thank you very much indeed, so long as they fit and work am happy with that and go for the upgrade and find a package in the UK, I wish I was more technically knowledgable, but am simple and experimental!

regards

steve

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by casacristeva View Post
    hi,

can some kind person advise please....

I have D50 and some lenses, it appears the body is playing up and the lenses not "locking" in and the auto metering struggles to register....... so.....

what nikon body can I use with the d50 accessories and lenses? I do need the wireless remote as well, but can the body only be updated please?

many thanks

Steve
    Can you try the lenses on a new body first to see if its not the lenses causing the problem, or have you already done so?