Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Crocodile Macro's

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Crocodile Macro's

I was able to get up close to this Crocodile yesterday as I was with some rangers who had to catch it. I took these as well as others hoping to capture the texture and some of the uniqueness of his magnificent creature. I'm unable to show any of the capture due to policy. C&C welcome.
    1.) Osteoderms are used to capture sunlight and heat the blood of the cold blooded reptile, like solar panels.
    Crocodile Macro's
    2.) If you were to shake hands with a 14 foot croc, this is what it would look like.
    Crocodile Macro's
    3.) The tail is as dangerous as the teeth and can be used in battle.Crocodile Macro's

Real Name
    Graham

Re: Crocodile Macro's

Hi Wayne,
    interesting images. Is the blue on the tail accurate? I have never seen it before, I had assumed that they were green-brown.
    I have only been close to one in an aquarium. They are pretty scary animals when you see a big one in the wild.
    Graham

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by gcowan View Post
    Hi Wayne,
    interesting images. Is the blue on the tail accurate? I have never seen it before, I had assumed that they were green-brown.
    I have only been close to one in an aquarium. They are pretty scary animals when you see a big one in the wild.
    Graham
    Hi Graham, yes it is real. they vary a bit depending on the water they come from. The croc's in billabongs tend to be darker but those from the ocean have better colour as they are cleaner. This one had the last lick of sun on it so was glowing and colourful, although I couldnt resist a few B&W conversions.

Real Name
    Graham

Yes you tend to forget how far out to sea these guys can travel.
    The last one I saw was at Port Douglas or was it Cairns on a river bank. He made our tinny seem rather small and vulnerable.
    Graham

Real Name
    Bobo

Wow up close at that. Cooo...l

Real Name
    Jon

Wayne, Thanks for sharing. Great shots. I think that your photos are as close as I want to get to one of these creatures.

Cheers

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrak View Post
    Wayne, Thanks for sharing. Great shots. I think that your photos are as close as I want to get to one of these creatures.

Cheers
    Thanks Jon, a tip for begginers, tie it up before you get the macro out. :-)