Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Crop Spraying

Real Name
    James

Crop Spraying

Took this one a while back, there was a lot of noise on this so i have tried to clean it up best i can,
    c+c welcome as always.

Thanks for looking

Crop Spraying

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Crop Spraying

The composition I really like. Not so keen on the pp treatment that's left that, to me, an over-tonemapped/painterly appearance. But that all comes down to subjectivity and personal taste/preferences.

But OI do think it really works that you placed the sprayer up at that top of the frame and let the crop be the dominant feature.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Hi James,

Why was it as noisy as you say? Seems to be a bright day with no need to use high ISO. Did you perhaps crop to much?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Th EXIF says Fuji Finepix S1500 at iso64, 1/350s, f/5 and "61.5mm" focal length (but it probably needs a crop factor multiplier of about 5 on that number, making it closer/over 300mm).

Looks to have been a warm-ish day and shot (+ cropped?) at a long focal length, judging by the heat haze distortions on the tank lettering - I have seen just this effect on my long focal length (bridge camera) shots.

I agree about the processing looking a bit artificial, although the black point could be set a little lower, which would help a bit.
    The red histogram looks like it may have clipped on the red panels, removing any texture there and possibly partly contributing to the painterly look.

I like the composition and the shadow of the spray boom helps the image.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Miltos

It's a very nice composition James, too bad you were limited by your camera capabilities.

I like the "continuation" of the red vehicle by the red flowers (poppies?) in the dame line.

A tip: since this is a problematic image because of noise, PP etc don't provide us with a large image .

Real Name
    James

Thank you all for your comments, i really appreciate them.
    I'm pretty sure the noise was something i did wrong rather than the camera, however that particular camera and myself never really got on,

Regards