Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Still Life-Red Hot Chillies

Real Name
    pinaki

Still Life-Red Hot Chillies

These Chillies are called "Dollo Khursani" in Nepali.These are very hot ;one cannot eat this small chilli one at a time.I was attracted to its' colour.I made a set up of all white make the colour stand out.But i was struggling with auto focus in my Tamron 90mm macro.At last i was able to focus in manual mode.I do not know the reason for failure to focus.It could be due to loss of much contrast there.Anyway how much i have succeeded can be judged only by the seasoned viewer.I invite all of CiC members to view my image and give valuable opinion or suggestions.Still Life-Red Hot Chillies

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Still Life-Red Hot Chillies

hi.

nice image well done!

I could be wrong because i dont do much macro work but i think its better to use manual focus. theres a program that you can buy for about £15 thats really good for macro work you can try it for free and see what you think. its called control my nikon. It takes multiple pictures and adjusts the focus at your stated increments allowing you to stack them if you want. you will need a tripod but no focusing rails. Its good for tethered studio work as well.

i think your crops a little tight and would have included the bottom of the bowl and the stalks.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Nice image. One thought - watch the edges of the frame. Some of the stems are leading the viewers eyes right out of the image. You might want to try to compose the image so that this is not the case to see how that works compositionally.

Real Name
    pinaki

Thank you Mark and Manfred for your suggestions.Next time i will try to follow your advice.Mark ,can you tell me from where can i buy that software?

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

In case Mark does not see this message, you can download a free trial (14 days) here:
    http://www.controlmynikon.com/download.html
    I'm very satisfied with it.

Real Name
    pinaki

Thanks Kris.