Thread: Urban Autumn

Real Name
    Kenny

Urban Autumn

I spent an hour or so up in our capital city trying to capture some night images while the wife spent our money in the shops and have put this together using 4 images bracketed for exposure. I find the street lights very difficult to capture without being blown but hope the rest isn't too bad and an improvement on my first nightime photography post.

C&C welcome as always

Urban Autumn
    Last edited by Donald; 2nd November 2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Typo in title

Re: Urban Autumn

I like it very much.About the wife nothing unusual
    Last edited by Donald; 2nd November 2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Correcting title

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

That's a beauty. You've managed the light wonderfully well (I'm looking at the cobbles and thinking they're as well captured and presented as I've ever seen in an image). I think the light on the car is also great.

I would ask if you need as much at the left, or if it could be cropped to somewhere closer to the left of that tree that's been lit up by the street light? Not sure there's much that's to the left of that that's adding to the image and the crop would focus our attention onto the car, the cobbles and to (where is that?) at the bottom of the hill. (I thought it was the Grassmarket, but it's not, is it?)

If it's any consolation, I'm being invited (?) to go there tomorrow, "because we need to look at some new clothes". Oh God! Anyway, I'll get a good lunch out of it.

Real Name
    Glenn

Love the photo and the joys of being single doing what you want when you want.

Real Name
    Kenny

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear that wives in Romania are the same

The shot was taken looking down Royal Terrace to where London Road and Leith Walk join. There's a church about 3/4 of the way up the hill and I was opposite that (actually the church was what I gone to photograph but there were too many parked cars so I shifted my attention to the road). Just think of the invite as an opportunity Donald I've cropped as you said an bingo - much better composition - thank you!

Glenn I'm reliably informed (by the wife) that married life has many benefits and all husbands should be more grateful

Urban Autumn

Real Name
    Bobo

Great image it was originally, super image now.

Thanks for sharing.

Real Name
    Kenny

Thanks Bobo

Real Name
    Tommy

Yeah I love this one too. Love the cobbles, the light on the car doo, the leading lines of the light trails. Nice job.

I think to capture light trails so as not to blow them out, you might find using a ND filter might help you out a little.