Thread: PP Feedback

Real Name
    Harry

PP Feedback

Hi all,

My first attempt with a number of PP changes - using the Canon Software Digital Photo Professional - tips and C& C welcome
    tv 1/125, av 11, iso 400, handheld shot

1. adjusted imagePP Feedback

2 -original image
    PP Feedback
    Last edited by HAZZA; 31st October 2012 at 12:15 PM.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: PP Feedback

Great exercise, Harry!

Review the histogram of each image and notice the huge differences. I don't know what you wanted to achieve but I'm confident that most people would prefer an image in this case that includes the best of both histograms -- tonalities that extend close to the left and right sides of the histogram rather than just one side. Perhaps the easiest way to achieve that look is using the Levels & Curve tool.

If you don't understand the use of histograms or how to use the Levels & Curve tool, be sure to read the great tutorials about that here at CiC.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 31st October 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Real Name
    Harry

Thanks Mike, I knew I stuffed this pic up originally so thought it would be a good one to experiment with, I did notice the levels and curves tool so will study that a bit more

Real Name
    Kenny

Great first attempt Harry. As Mike has already suggested levels are a great tool to use and one I often use to add a little more depth or contrast to my images where I have under exposed or feel they are just a little flat.