Thread: October Gold

Real Name
    Natalie

October Gold

My eyes were drawn to the golden leaves in the setting sun, but not sure this works, C&C welcome.
    October Gold

Real Name
    Scott

Re: October Gold

Nice color, and good exposure.
    Might have been better composition-wise if you shot back into the trees to make a thicker, more consistent forest image. On this, it seems a bit like the tree is in the way of seeing the soccer field or whatever that meadow is in the background?

Real Name
    Natalie

Thanks, Scott. If I had gone into the field you see and shot back, I would have gotten the highway....I had pulled off the road to shoot this as it caught my eye while driving home... I am not happy with having the sky in the image, as I feel it breaks it in two, but this is what I have to work with this time.

Real Name
    Steve

You have some nice light and colors nat. I think a shot like this is better , wider. (the whole tree, not just part of it)

Real Name
    Allan Short

What I find interesting at times, is looking through the branches, so next time find a spot with few branches some good colour in the leaves and focus on the leaves using a shallow depth of field, that way you do not really care what is pass the leaves.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Natalie

Thank you, Steve and
    Allan. Both good ideas. If this darned Hurricane does not wipe me out, I will try your suggestions.