Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: How To Photograph Clouds

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

How To Photograph Clouds

Yes, I was bored so I played. I was looking at some clouds I shot in July and thought it might look cool if I put someone into the clouds. I found an image of fellow photographer I shot in May and the idea began to take shape. It's a bit of digital practice and a novelty....perhaps an idea for something more serious someday.

Chuck

How To Photograph Clouds

Real Name
    Ali

Re: How To Photograph Clouds

Quote Originally Posted by CNelson View Post
    Yes, I was bored so I played. I was looking at some clouds I shot in July and thought it might look cool if I put someone into the clouds. I found an image of fellow photographer I shot in May and the idea began to take shape. It's a bit of digital practice and a novelty....perhaps an idea for something more serious someday.

Chuck
    Nice artwork, Chuck! I would not include the tripod in it though, it takes the divine mood away!
    Last edited by Alis; 20th September 2009 at 06:29 PM.

Clouds make a shot, and there's only one way to photograph a cloud...

Wait for the right cloud, in the right place, at the right time, with the right camera, and the right lens, at the right time of day, and hope the light is right. Apart from that, it's easy. Right?

How To Photograph Clouds

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    Nice artwork, Chuck! I would not include the tripod in it though, it takes the divine mood away!
    Funny Alis....I had the same thought but when I took the tripod away the photographer looked out of balance.

Chuck

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Clouds make a shot, and there's only one way to photograph a cloud...

Wait for the right cloud, in the right place, at the right time, with the right camera, and the right lens, at the right time of day, and hope the light is right. Apart from that, it's easy. Right?
    That's an excellent cloud shot Carregwen. Passing thunder storms often draw me outside with my camera to try to capture a wild sky but, as you say, one is always dependant on a chain of circumstances, some of which we have no control over.

Chuck
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 29th September 2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: add missing end quote tag

Real Name
    Richard

Must have been...

Must have been... a pretty tall tripod with an equally tall photographer. Good job in catching a new trend in aerial photography....