Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: October 25, 2012

Real Name
    randy

October 25, 2012

Still coming to terms with this lens, I hope that I am showing some improvement. I have begun using auto-iso, yesterday the max iso was 3200 and pictures came out very noisy, I reduced max iso to 1600. I had a new challenge today, blowing snow! It does give some interesting effects

October 25, 2012

This pond was absolutely crawling with trumpeter swans, the pond was located right behind a "hobby" farm that saises a variety of domestic ducks, geese, and swans; hence the domestic swan in their midst. The farm is a very short distance from the Mississippi River, I without a doubt will visit the cooling ponds for a nearby nuclear power plant this winter to shoot the swans

October 25, 2012

A short jaunt from the swans, I came upon this large flock of turkey foraging in a field of corn stubble; there must of been 50 birds rather rapidly moving across the field. I just set up and shot as they moved in front of me

Real Name
    Paul

Re: October 25, 2012

Looks like it was coming down pretty hard, Randy. I would love to see that many Turkeys at once. Well done for being out there and putting yourself in position to get the images. Also well done for getting them as good as you have under these conditions, that in itself is when you are protecting the lens from getting covered in the white stuff.

Real Name
    Mark

Re: October 25, 2012

Hi Randy, isnt it a lens you can use inside!!!