Thread: Sony NEX RAW Files and Windows Explorer problem

Sony NEX RAW Files and Windows Explorer problem

Hi all,

My Windows Explorer doesn't display image thumbnails from my Sony NEX C3 - I just get the Elements 10 thumnail logo. JPEGS from the camera are displayed correctly.

I've downloaded the latest Microsoft codecs and rebooted but it's made no difference. FastStone Image Viewer and Elements handle these RAW files perfectly. It's just Windows Explorer with the RAW file problem.

Win7 / Service Pack 1 / 64bit.

Thanks in advance

John

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Sony NEX RAW Files and Windows Explorer problem

That's because the latest MS codec does not cover your camera, If only covers the following Sony models:

"◦Sony: DSLR-A100, DSLR-A200, DSLR-A230, DSLR-A300, DSLR-A330, DSLR-A350, DSLR-A380, DSLR-A500, DSLR-A550, DSLR-A560, DSLR-A580, DSLR-A700, DSLR-A850, DSLR-A900, Alpha NEX-3, Alpha NEX-5, Alpha NEX-5N, Alpha SLT-A55/A55V, Cyber-shot DSC-R1"

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    That's because the latest MS codec does not cover your camera, If only covers the following Sony models:

"◦Sony: DSLR-A100, DSLR-A200, DSLR-A230, DSLR-A300, DSLR-A330, DSLR-A350, DSLR-A380, DSLR-A500, DSLR-A550, DSLR-A560, DSLR-A580, DSLR-A700, DSLR-A850, DSLR-A900, Alpha NEX-3, Alpha NEX-5, Alpha NEX-5N, Alpha SLT-A55/A55V, Cyber-shot DSC-R1"
    Thanks for that - I saw NEX-3 and wrongly assumed it would all C3 versions. Spent hours trying to get it to work

So next question - does anyone know of a third party codec that I could download?

John

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post

Thanks for that - I saw NEX-3 listed and wrongly assumed it would cover all C3 versions. Spent hours trying to get it to work

So next question - does anyone know of a third party codec that I could download?

John

Real Name
    Anton

Can't help with a codec but that codec pack does not even work anyway lol
    I have an EOS100D (supported) and after installing windows picture viewer says the file is too big to display or corrupted and i get no thumbnails
    I now shoot RAW & Ljpg so i can preview the jpeg versions on the pc, then i keep and work with the raw file.

There is probably some third party software that will allow you to view them.
    You mentioned elements, do you have adobe bridge?