Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rainy Saturday play with HDR leaves

Real Name
    Connie Keyes

Rainy Saturday play with HDR leaves

Shot some leaves in my backyard with the bracketing on. Downloaded the trial Photmatrix and played with the HDR. I have never done either of these two things before. The third picture was just a single shot of the leaves with some adjustment of the colors. C&C please.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Rainy Saturday play with HDR leaves

Hi Connie,

I have to say I am at a slight loss as to why you chose Photomatrix 'HDR' for the first two and not the last.

Don't get me wrong, they are nicely processed, but spoiled by the "Photomatrix" imprint which, given I don't see any need for High Dynamic Range processing, was unnecessary.

The last has the sky in shot, now here Photomatrix might have recovered some detail, although I don't think that would add greatly to the image.

I hope that doesn't appear overly negative.
    I feel they would benefit from being larger and sharper too, for better impact, you would need to use the TinyPic method to achieve that here though - click Go Advanced and try from there if the "Click Here to Upload Photos ..." button doesn't work at first.

All the best,

Real Name
    Connie Keyes

Re: Rainy Saturday play with HDR leaves

Thanks, The Photomatrix is the free trial, I'm not ready to add anymore software but was just curious to see HDR would add to the color because the leaves are rather anemic this year. In years past they have been more intense. I didn't do the HDR on the 3rd because I didn't use the bracket setting on the camera. That isn't the sky in the background it is the house behind me so I needed it to be more blurred. I will try again, not too negative because that is what I need to get some perspective on the PP.

I'll try out the TinyPic but it may very well be the way I downsize image from PSE that causes the decreased sharpness. Guess I still have a long way to go yet.
    Last edited by CLK; 21st October 2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: just needed to change the wording