Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Upside Down?

Real Name
    Chuck

Upside Down?

I was having fun experimenting with reflections. C&C?

Upside Down?

Real Name
    Nathan

Re: Upside Down?

Hi Chuck.

I think I see where you were going, with this, and I can appreciate that. Two things that immediately came to mind when I first looked at it was (1) the fact that your shot is a bit off kilter. Not by too much, but a little bit of straightening would help. Also (2) I, personally, would have liked to have seen more of what was being reflected. I don't know if it was due to the manner by which the shot was taken, or simply an issue of too tight of a crop. Shots like these (showing reflections) are always interesting to me, and I did enjoy looking at it.

It's difficult to work out what is the correct level with this shot, Chuck.

Initially, it looks as though a clockwise rotation is needed, as Nathan mentioned.

But going by the trees, and what looks vertically straight, it is correct.

Probably a case of trying to convert a 3D scene into a 2D photo. So the areas which look 'wrong' are simply further away, so we have apparent perspective distortion.

Certainly a very clear reflection.

Real Name
    Paul

Pretty area for sure Chuck. With these full reflection images I sometimes like to have a play and crop them at the water line and them rotate them 180 degree. On the right image it can be a mind bender but it usaully at least is an interesting outcome. It's not that it needs it, just a fun exercise.