Thread: Grand Teton National Park

Real Name
    Chuck

Grand Teton National Park

This morning I has a couple of hours alone beside String Lake in Grand Teton National Park. I took this photo of the reflection of Mount Moran in the lake. The entire time I was photographing elk were bugling a few yards away. For me these places are sacred and more beautiful than anything humans could hope to build. I always take time to enjoy the sounds of nature in a place where human sounds are nonexistent. - chuck Click on the image to enlarge.

Real Name
    Bud Ralston

Re: Grand Teton National Park

Nice capture, Chuck. I've been there a number of times and never tire of the sound of elk bugling during the rut. The early morning hours are especially rewarding for the soul.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Very nice indeed Chuck. You've got a beautiful still lake reflection there. It certainly looks like it was peaceful. Wish I were there !!
    Dave

Real Name
    Phil Page

A beautiful scene, Chuck

Careful of the vignetting - the reflection is brighter than the sky above...

Real Name
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Teton Chuck View Post
    This morning I has a couple of hours alone beside String Lake in Grand Teton National Park. I took this photo of the reflection of Mount Moran in the lake. The entire time I was photographing elk were bugling a few yards away. For me these places are sacred and more beautiful than anything humans could hope to build. I always take time to enjoy the sounds of nature in a place where human sounds are nonexistent. - chuck Click on the image to enlarge.

Now see? This is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I replied to your 'Upside Down' photo. This reflection REALLY works, for me, because of the fact that I can see what's being reflected. Not only that, but the scenery is just beautiful, and you have done a mighty fine job of capturing it.

Yes - I am REALLY liking this.

Real Name
    Terri

Beautiful Chuck. I really like the perspective on this. I'm jealous of the still waters - been trying for a month to find a still body of water and the best I can do is the birdbath!

Great job!

Real Name
    Chuck

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. Very helpful. - chuck