Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: First Post - People

First Post - People

Hi All,

This is my first post in this site. I am an amateur in photography and have been practicing for some time now. I have just bought a Nikon 70-300 mm lens. I have a Nikon D7000 camera with SB 700 flashlight, and have always been interested in portraits and people photography and decided this week to take some pictures of my friends. Please find attached few of the photos that I clicked this weekend in brown county, Indiana. I would really appreciate your comments and critique.

Regards
    Chetan Mahendru
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Richard

Re: First Post - People

Welcome to CiC...

IMO, this is a very nice image. You nailed the focus on the people and let the background go out of focus which draws attention to your subjects. Their expressions and closeness makes this a very warm portrait of two people who are obviously in love.

I would suggest that you peruse the sticky above on how to submit images to this site.

Keep posting, you have started very well...

I didn't notice the branch that Geoff mentioned because the image as posted is quite small. However, I agree that its removal would be easy and quite worthwhile.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 16th October 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Re: First Post - People

Exposure and focus are good. Particularly difficult with a large white area like you have here.

There are a few branches in the background including one forked branch which rather looks like an antenna coming from the top of her head. Fairly faint in the background so not too much of a problem. But I would probably clone it over.