Thread: Fly's

Real Name
    Steve

Fly's

Took these at the weekend. Couple of fly's Sunning themselves in the late afternoon. First on the shed, the other on a piece of polythene sheet in the yard.
    C&C always welcomed please.

Fly's

Fly's

Real Name
    Connie Keyes

Re: Fly's

It is amazing that you were able to get that close without them flying off. I think they would make, especially #2, good enlargements for halloween decorations. I am fascinated with close of wood grain and trees and especially like it in #1, the nail head adds good size comparison with the fly. I was going to say I have a one flying around in my room right now, very distracting reflection in the computer screen, keep thinking your fly has taken off. Turns out it is a bee so better go do some wildlife hunting.

Real Name
    John

Very nice captures.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Steve,

Not bad at all.

I would suggest trying to shoot them ona flat surface, so the result is more like the second - in the first, with it being in the recessed corner, the grain detail of the wood either side draws attention away from the subject.

You can see a few of my attempts in my CiC July 2010 Photo A Day gallery on PBase.

I had the benefit of a 1:1 Macro lens (Nikon VR 105mm, f/2.8), what did you shoot these with? (I can't see any EXIF data).

Cheers,

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks all.
    Dave, the first was with a 105mm nikon f/2.8 (older version without the VR). The second with a 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 with extension tubes (forgot how many, I'll guess at all three 36+20+12mm ). I think the first is a little over sharpened now I see it on here. I do all my PP on an iPad, so it's a little tough (touch screens get a little greasy from fingers ).
    I get exactly where you're coming from with the wood grain.
    Thanks again.