Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Coogee experience

Coogee experience

I have been focusing on my new photography project - taking photos in Sydney coasts. Sydney is a place with many coast areas, which are always the main photographic attraction for many people. My plan is to take photos in all accessible Sydney coast areas in the next one or two years. I like to take photos at different time of the day, and different period of the month due to high or low tides.

Below are 4 photos I took yesterday in Coogee - a place I already went several times recently. But this time was very early: at 4.20am I arrived at the site after driving 62KM in the dark. Luckily, after 2 previous unsuccessful attempts, this time weather was better.

I like to know how people think about these photos. Thanks.

P1: Star trails
    ISO: 400
    Aperture: f/11
    shutter speed: 480s
    img_6425-s.jpg

P2: Waking up
    ISO: 200
    Shutter speed: 391s
    img_6427-s.jpg

P3: Sunrise light
    ISO: 400
    Shutter speed: 1.6s
    img_6432-s.jpg

P4: In a rush
    ISO: 100
    Shutter speed: 0.6s
    img_6445-s.jpg
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 12th September 2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: inserted working picture links

Re: Coogee experience

nice...but i only see one photo...

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Yan Zhang View Post
    I have been focusing on my new photography project
    Hi Yan,

Most of the images aren't showing. Off memory, that website blocks direct linking, but to you it'll look OK because firstly it displays the images to you when you upload them -- and then they're cached on your PC when you link to them here ...

... unfortunately thay're not cached on our PCs first, so they won't load for us unless we copy the url in the image properties to a new browser window - display it there - and then refresh the page here.

Best solution I've found is to pop along to a site like pbase.com - pay then a few dollers per year - and link as many images as you like (that's what I do).

Take a look at pbase.com/cjsouthern to get a feel for how I've set my site up with them ... I also have an additional hidden gallery that I put the images that I link to here in to. Small learning curve with the site, but good to work with once you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Yan,

Most of the images aren't showing.

Best solution I've found is to pop along to a site like pbase.com - pay then a few dollers per year - and link as many images as you like (that's what I do).

Take a look at pbase.com/cjsouthern to get a feel for how I've set my site up with them ... I also have an additional hidden gallery that I put the images that I link to here in to. Small learning curve with the site, but good to work with once you get the hang of it.
    I didn't realize this problem. Thanks for the information, I'll take a look at the site.

Let me try to post the photos from my computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images