Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Falkirk Wheel (especially for the Falkirk Bairn)

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

The Falkirk Wheel (especially for the Falkirk Bairn)

In another thread, Sharon (Daisy Mae) referred to her Falkirk association and the wheel. Here are a couple of shots I took in 2006 (on my hi-tech 2MP Canon compact). These are no landscape masterpieces but they do show what I found to be a very interesting engineering design. The second shot shows the wheel lifting the water tray with boat from the lower canal to the upper canal. I believe this wheel eliminated a great many locks.

Dave

Real Name
    Steven

Re: The Falkirk Wheel (especially for the Falkirk Bairn)

Very interesting Dave - it was probably my thread that you referred to regarding Sharon's Falkirk association.
    I obviously missed a very interesting site, having said which I also missed the nice blue sky and sunshine that was evident in your images as well.
    This was more reflective of the weather when we ventured outdoors. (Wallace memorial taken from Stirling Castle and some significant PS work done on the lighting which was very flat/grey/lacking in contrast as it was raining!)

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: The Falkirk Wheel (especially for the Falkirk Bairn)

Quote Originally Posted by stelin View Post
    Very interesting Dave - it was probably my thread that you referred to regarding Sharon's Falkirk association.
    I obviously missed a very interesting site, having said which I also missed the nice blue sky and sunshine that was evident in your images as well.
    This was more reflective of the weather when we ventured outdoors. (Wallace memorial taken from Stirling Castle and some significant PS work done on the lighting which was very flat/grey/lacking in contrast as it was raining!)
    Yes Stephen I think it was your thread. We were lucky with the weather.

Dave