Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What is it?

What is it?

I have no idea what make or year this car is but liked it enough to photograph it. The front looks familiar but nothing is jogging the brain. Anyone have a clue?

What is it?

Real Name
    Paul

Re: What is it?

1950 Studebaker Bullet nose! Always a fun car to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    1950 Studebaker Bullet nose! Always a fun car to see.
    Thanks Paul,

I didn't even try to shoot all the cars I saw but the ones I liked the looks of the most some I knew and some I don't. I have learned something new today again. Learning can be fun lol.

Real Name
    Paul

No worries Carl, I used to do a little bit in the Rod run world and have seen a few of these. The made them between 47-51. The 50 had this grill and before it the were fairly flat. In 51 the tip of the bullet got smaller and the grill bigger.
    Last edited by jeeperman; 10th October 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Yep, a 1950 Studebaker Bullet Nose Commander. Studebaker began in 1852 as a carriage maker. You remember those guys riding out to the Old West in Conestoga wagons? Well, who do you think made the wagons?! They were the only carriage maker to successfully transition from horse-drawn to motorized vehicle. In their auto-making years, they made the most successful electric cars (Thomas Edison was their second customer), a popular series of station wagons, one of the first compact automobiles (1928 Erskine), the engines for the WWII B-29′s and the “Weasel” amphibious tanks, and the famous “Bulletnose” cars (1950-1951).

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    No worries Carl, I used to do a little bit in the Rod run world and have seen a few of these. The made them between 47-52. The 50 had this grill and before it the were fairly flat. In 52 the tip of the bullet got smaller and the grill bigger.
    That explains it then. They stopped making them the year I was born and I didn't start getting interested in cars till around the mid sixties.
    I remember my grandfather talking about his Studebaker he own when I was just a baby.
    Wow I wonder if I should feel a little younger now.