Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Marina Evening.

Real Name
    Nathan

Marina Evening.

This shot was made at the Erie Basin marina (Buffalo, NY) one late evening, and I rather like it. I used Photoshop CS6's 'Oil Paint' filter, to give the photo that type of painterly effect, and I find myself liking it more and more. But I would really like to get member's opinions on what they might think of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Marina Evening.

Interesting effect Nathan. I do like the image, although I might like it even more without the half a boat in the bottom coner. Thats nit pickin though.

Real Name
    Nathan

Re: Marina Evening.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Interesting effect Nathan. I do like the image, although I might like it even more without the half a boat in the bottom coner. Thats nit pickin though.
    Nitpicking? Nah; I don't see it as so. You made an observation about an element in the photo, and you expressed your opinion on it. We all see things in different ways, and there isn't anything wrong with that. I, in fact, appreciate your calling my attention to it. That's why I post photos - to get opinions as to how I might be able to do better with this craft that I so deeply love. It's a never ending learning process, indeed, and I am like a sponge - soaking in every bit of information that I can get .

Always thankful, my friend.