Thread: Winter scene

Real Name
    Irene Eva

Winter scene

I'm a beginner with a Rebel t2i. Any comment on improving this shot would be greatly appreciated.

Winter scene

Iren

Real Name
    Miltos

Re: Winter scene

Irene when I first saw your image I was disappointed because I though the winter is here (since we both live in north hemisphere) but then I was relieved to see that it was shot back in 2007 in December probably with your old camera (an Olympus SP510UZ).

I like the calmness of your image, the leading lines, the light layers and the juxtaposition of the composition layers (foreground, middle part, mountains, clouds).

Over time you can increase you post production skills for color balance correction, saturation, contrast enhancement etc. For example the foreground looks to blueish.

So welcome and well done!

Real Name
    Mark

Hi irene, nice shot, i dont think that the foreground helps in this case so i would try a crop like this. remember its you that has to be happy with it though! Tones, saturation, and the exposure need work but i dont have the software to do that here sorry

Winter scene

I tend to agree with Mark. The foreground being in shadow is a problem.

You may get away with a little more in the foreground than his suggestion. Perhaps try showing half the hedge. Or just lose the hedge top, possibly a mix of crop and clone.

A case of trying a few alternatives then deciding I suppose.