Thread: Amazon Waterlilies.....

Real Name
    Griddi

Amazon Waterlilies.....

I always find something nice at the Botanic Garden......

Please C&C very welcome......

just me.......
    Amazon Waterlilies.....

Real Name
    Noel

Re: Amazon Waterlilies.....

hi Griddi, lovely shot - the flowers look spectacular. I would have liked to see all of the large pad at the back at the expense of part of the foreground, but thems the breaks.
    - Noel

Real Name
    Griddi

Thank you Noel, I agree with you about to see more of the large pad at the back, as I visit the Botanic Garden quite often, I will next time take a photo which will involve more of the large pads, hoping of course the flowers will be in the right position then, as they sort of come and go......

Griddi......

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Griddi, lovely colours and it is really nice to be able to see the stems under the surface. As Noel says, it would be nice to see the complete pad but you might also be able to crop the top of the pad just a bit more and let the viewer fill in the rest with their imagination. One benefit could be that there would be less distraction for the flowers and it would eliminate some of the dark line at the top of the image.

One thing that would be even better to find a way to control is the obvious window frame reflection. With the roots and stems under water, post processing would be almost a nightmare so the best option might be to explore alternative shooting angles and failing that, see if it would be possible to soften the frame with some light translucent fabric held between the window and the subject - if that is even possible.

Real Name
    Griddi

Frank, thank you, you are right about the window frame reflection, which I noticed when taking the photo, the problem is, that these reflections are all over the pond, as the pond is not very large, and is housed......

I will try, mostly I do anyway, to find a better shooting angle, hopeful also, that the lilies are in the field of angle then too, as the pond is quite popular with visitor of the Botanic Garden, there are also all these people to consider which are leaning sort of into the pond, to get a better view of the flowers, but at the same time adding to the reflection's too......

I can say, one needs some patience for taking photo's there, and patience is not my best point, but will try next time to do my best........
    In the meantime I will try later today to crop off a bit of the top of the pad, as you have suggested.......

Griddi......