Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flowers

Flowers

Please coment on any improvements i can make on this type of pphotos. ilike photographing flower closeups.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Flowers

C&C per req:

A good start, however there are a couple of areas where I will suggest improvements could be made. First off, in macro work, especially flowers, the rule of thirds is not all that important. There's nothing wrong with having a single bloom fill the frame. From a perspective point of view, be careful with your composition, and try and keep the main subject on a single plane; remember when you're working in close, DoF is limited. In this case I would suggest a better route might have been to concentrate on one bloom instead of too. Genearlly speaking, with flowers of this shape, try and shoot down into them rather than across the top. As well, you DoF is actually a little too great, as you have the background reasonably well in focus as well. Ideally you want a nice, soft, green blurry background so that the eye is not distracted from the flower. I can't say for sure, but it seems like your point of focus might actually have been on the leaves to the left vice the bloom itself. It looks as well, like the bloom is about 1/2 to 1 stop over exposed. All in all however, a nice image, and a good start. Looking forward to seeing more.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

mrzoom you say you like shooting flowers! and i must say you have done a good job with this pic i like the composition. its not exactly a close up,but a well composed pic,with enough leaves around to enhance the flower. it needs just some exposure tweaks in the PS. you can experiment with extreme close ups too....

Real Name
    Ian

I think tired iron has said it all. Just concentrate on getting the stamens into focus and generally everything else will fall into place. Agree with the one flowers comment too.

Do you always use a tripod?

For clarity I find it absolutely obligatory. If you got this one without.... well done!

Thanks for the advice...will take all into consideration in my work thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    I think tired iron has said it all. Just concentrate on getting the stamens into focus and generally everything else will fall into place. Agree with the one flowers comment too.

Do you always use a tripod?

For clarity I find it absolutely obligatory. If you got this one without.... well done!
    Thanks..I did not use a tripod....