Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Montana Traffic

Real Name
    Kerry Frank

Montana Traffic

Here's another photo from our recent trek into Glacier National Park. This one was taken along the way there. I was off the driving rotation and sleeping in the back seat when everyone in the car woke me up screaming "get your camera!" Luckily and thanks to advice from fellow CiC'ers, I was set to "P" and autofocus as the window for the shot zooming by and 80 mph was very small. (Speed limit for you law enforcement members in Montana is 75 )
    This seems to me the strongest crop, but I'd like your comments on that. As with most "auto" shots the exposure was a bit off (under) so I increased it by EV+1, added a bit of contrast, vibrance and saturation to give a little more depth. C&C always welcomed.

Montana Traffic

Re: Montana Traffic

Good focus for a quick shot.

With those patches of white, I would have under exposed, if I had any 'thinking time', then recovered the shadows during editing; as you did.

And with that editing process, I would have masked out the white areas so they remained as shot.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Montana Traffic

I like the way you handled this. I probably would select the grass and add some richness to it by darkening it a bit and/or increasing its contrast, but that's the sort of thing that is just personal taste.

I notice that you got the attention of the one horse near the front. However that happened, it adds an interesting element to the photo for me.