Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My Boy

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

My Boy

Taken with the 100mm macro, 320 ISO, F4.5 at 1/500. C&C welcome.My Boy

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: My Boy

It's so refreshing to see the sand on your child's face as opposed to most photos of children that are spotlessly clean. Great smile and warm light too!

Do me a favor, please: Close your eyes and clear your mind of the image. Once you open your eyes, what's the very first thing that you see? For me, it's your child's nose. That's because it's the only part of his face completely shown in the image that is also sharply in focus. You probably wanted at least both eyes to be that sharp.

Real Name
    Debbie

Can't help but smile when you see this. What a gem. I like the warmth as well. I enjoy the tight crop, but I wonder what might happen if there was just a smidge more on the left side to include all of that eye. Good stuff regardless.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    It's so refreshing to see the sand on your child's face as opposed to most photos of children that are spotlessly clean. Great smile and warm light too!

Do me a favor, please: Close your eyes and clear your mind of the image. Once you open your eyes, what's the very first thing that you see? For me, it's your child's nose. That's because it's the only part of his face completely shown in the image that is also sharply in focus. You probably wanted at least both eyes to be that sharp.
    Thanks for the feedback Mike, its is great to see boys being boys and getting covered in dirt. The F: 4.5 was to big an aperture setting for this shot but the little champ was getting around too quick and I had set it for a more distant shot. Happy regardless as it makes me and the family smile.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by djg05478 View Post
    Can't help but smile when you see this. What a gem. I like the warmth as well. I enjoy the tight crop, but I wonder what might happen if there was just a smidge more on the left side to include all of that eye. Good stuff regardless.
    Thanks Debbie, it was all happening very quick and having the macro allowed me to take this snap so close. I will continue to use this lens and will no doubt get a few more like this, maybe better.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Here's another fun shot of the champ, a future Wallaby Centre for sure. :-)
    My Boy

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by WJT View Post
    Thanks Debbie, it was all happening very quick....
    Yup. Definitely a great capture given the wiggliness of your subject. I get it. My main subjects are my dogs; same wiggle factor. Teaches you to be quick!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by WJT View Post
    it makes me and the family smile.
    Nothing could possibly be more important...other than also making the subject smile when he's 18 years older and doesn't hate you for keeping the picture. You probably know how kids at that older age can be.

Real Name
    Kevin

That boy is the picture of good health and happiness, and I chuckled aloud at first glimpse of him. I hope he's a frequent visitor at CiC. Funny how photogenic kids can get when the person behind the camera knows what he's doing

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by kdoc856 View Post
    That boy is the picture of good health and happiness, and I chuckled aloud at first glimpse of him. I hope he's a frequent visitor at CiC. Funny how photogenic kids can get when the person behind the camera knows what he's doing
    Ys he is a cute and happy little fella. Always a pleasure to snap your own isnt it. Its good to get him out of the house where he is a manace.