Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canon Pixma Pro 100

Real Name
    Richard

Canon Pixma Pro 100

I have been wondering why there were so many rebates on the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mk ii. I got mine for under $200 (USD) after rebate and I have noticed many other regate offers listed on the Internet.

Here is the replacement for the Pro9000 Mk ii which is called in Canon's wonderfully Alice In Wonderland numbering series; the Pixma Pro 100. I am however, very happy with the Pro 9000 Mk ii.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infoc...away+Next+Week

Re: Canon Pixma Pro 100

Looks like a great printer and much cheaper than the Pro 1. It looks as if the tanks only hold 3mL more than the tanks I use now. I would like to see how well it does with photo's both color and B & W.

FYI
    The $699 Pro-10 uses the Lucia pigment inks, supplemented with the same Chroma Optimizer as the Pro-1 to minimize gloss differential and bronzing of black inks when printing on glossy stock. Canon reformulated the yellow ink and claims increased coverage in the red/magenta/yellow area of its color gamut.

For dye fans, the $499 Pixma Pro-100 uses a reconfigured ChromaLife 100+ ink set, dropping the red and green primaries to add gray and light gray, plus incorporating a reformulated magenta that Canon says delivers better reds for improved black and shadow reproduction.
    Last edited by Carl in Louisiana; 1st October 2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: added info

Real Name
    Dan

If it is actually an improvement over the 9000II, it will be a great printer. I have a 9000II that I bought for $250 during one of the rebates, and I have been very pleased with the results on a wide range of papers.

Real Name
    John

I broke down and took advantage of Amazon's $125 after rebate and got a Pro9000 MkII and spent the weekend trying to make friends with it. As I read on the Web, there are issues with using it with a Mac. The color and brightness of the prints is significantly off when printing from CS6 on my Mac with Mountain Lion. From what I read even creating a calibration profile with a Color Munki doesn't fix the problem. At Canon's suggestion, I tried their print plug-in for Photoshop and that gives me prints very close to my calibrated monitor. The problem is that it is not as convenient and versatile as printing directly from Photoshop. Apparently this issue has been going on for at least a couple of years and I am surprised that the companies involved have not gotten together and solved it.

I would greatly appreciate any input and suggestions on how to improve this situation. All and all, I have to say this is one heck of a printer for $125.

John