Thread: Race with death

Real Name
    Richard

Race with death

I rescued this friendly and loving, one-year old, Maltese - Shih Tsu mix a couple of hours before a San Bernadino County, CA shelter was going to euthanize him. He now has a full life to look forward to.

Race with death

First thing on the agenda is a trip tomorrow to the vet for a check-up and neutering. Then some basic house and leash training and then we will find him a furever home.

We were extremely lucky yesterday at a rescue event and placed five of our rescues in furever homes (two adoptions are waiting for us to do a home visit but we don't expect any problems). That cleared our house to rescue a few new dogs like this...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 1st October 2012 at 12:10 AM.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Race with death

I can't decide which is better, the story behind the photograph or the photograph itself. Fortunately, I don't have to decide.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Keep up the good work Richard. I will let you decide whether that means your photos or the rescues. Both of which are above and beyond.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I rescued this friendly and loving, one-year old, Maltese - Shih Tsu mix a couple of hours before a San Bernadino County, CA shelter was going to euthanize him. He now has a full life to look forward to.

Race with death

First thing on the agenda is a trip tomorrow to the vet for a check-up and neutering. Then some basic house and leash training and then we will find him a furever home.

We were extremely lucky yesterday at a rescue event and placed five of our rescues in furever homes (two adoptions are waiting for us to do a home visit but we don't expect any problems). That cleared our house to rescue a few new dogs like this...
    Good to hear the dog was pardoned. Our local SPCA has placed a hold on euthanizing dogs in their care, the down side is they now need more capital and more space.
    Last edited by Shadowman; 1st October 2012 at 06:51 PM.

Real Name
    Soozie

Oh Richard, he has such a wise old face, with sad eyes. He deserves some joy in his little life to brings those eyes the glimmer and sparkle all dogs should have

Good luck little man ... My thoughts are with you

Real Name
    Richard

Actually, John Boy (the name we gave him), is in better shape than most of the rescues we get from shelters. His coat was very matted so the shelter personnel gave him a short haircut. However, he was clean and vermin free and seems very healthy.

Race with death

We are "shelter partners" with the several San Bernadino County County shelters, including this one in Devore, CA. This is the third rescue from this specific shelter (which is about 80 miles from where I live). We rescued another girl, who has already been placed in a "furever" home and a mother with five puppies (who are not old enough to be placed yet).

I

Real Name
    Helen Wood

Richard you make the world a better place. Thanks for sharing these wonderful stories and photos.